The SnoreFree Therapy
SnoreFree is an oral fitness training program for the lips, tongue, palate, and throat. Through speech therapy exercises, it also enhances body awareness in the trained area of the oral-pharyngeal tract.
How SnoreFree TK App Works
SnoreFree TK is a digital application based on proven concepts for combating snoring. Our method encourages you to actively address snoring. SnoreFree combines effective approaches in a user-friendly program.
Our app offers three main elements:
- Exercises: Short exercise routines tailored to your snoring type to reduce snoring.
- Relaxation: Using mindfulness techniques, meditations, and progressive muscle relaxation, SnoreFree helps your body and mind deal gently and effectively with snoring.
- Knowledge: Understanding the causes of snoring and the connections in your body allows you to target snoring more effectively.
The application can help alleviate complaints related to snoring, such as restless sleep or daytime fatigue. We recommend following the instructions as closely as possible to get the most benefit from SnoreFree.
If you have no other medical instructions, we recommend using SnoreFree ideally three to seven days a week.
If you notice unusual symptoms during or after use, please consult a doctor or specialist. SnoreFree does not replace professional medical advice.
When Can SnoreFree Be Used (Indications)
The SnoreFree app is used to treat myofunctional pharyngeal insufficiency (organic tissue weakness in the oral-pharyngeal region) as a cause of sleep-related airway obstructions (snoring/rhonchopathy, OSAS, UARS). The method involves speech therapy and oropharyngeal muscle training.
You can use SnoreFree independently, with or without a doctor’s recommendation or supervision. Before starting the SnoreFree therapy, a medical examination is recommended to exclude specific causes for your snoring and ensure that there are no contraindications (e.g., swallowing disorders) for training.
Indications Sleep-related airway disorders:
- UARS / Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome
- OSAS / Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome
Do not use the SnoreFree app in the following cases:
Absolute Exclusion Criteria:
- If you have neurological disorders in the mouth-throat area, such as paralysis, paresis, or persistent stroke symptoms.
- Swallowing disorders (Dysphagia) of neurological or organic origin.
- Mental or cognitive impairments, alcohol or drug intoxication, or untreated psychiatric illnesses within the schizophrenic spectrum.
Relative Exclusion Criteria:
- For sleep disorders not caused by muscular weakness in the mouth-throat area, such as insomnia, non-organic sleep disorders, restless legs syndrome, central sleep apnea, sleep-related hypoventilation syndrome, Cheyne-Stokes respiration, and similar conditions. In such cases, no positive effect from speech therapy exercises is expected. If you have any of these sleep disorders, please consult your doctor or sleep specialist before using the SnoreFree app.
Gentle and Consistent Training
During some exercises, there is a risk that utensil parts may enter the airway if performed too quickly or carelessly. Please follow the exercise instructions carefully.
In rare cases, muscle soreness may occur, so it’s essential to pay attention to your well-being.
Need a Break?
It’s important to listen to your body. Take a break if you feel uncomfortable during training due to muscle cramps, soreness, or other reasons.
Four Levels to Success
Level 1: Basic Training
In the first phase, all exercises will be demonstrated to you. Try to replicate the exercises as closely as possible, following the instructions and detailed guidance in the videos.
Most exercises are straightforward and easy to understand. Some exercises may be more challenging initially, but don’t get discouraged. Basic training is a gentle, gradual start.
Level 2: Mirror Training
With a mirror for visual self-monitoring, we begin actual training. Always pay attention to the detailed instructions in the videos, such as lip tension, tongue position, lower jaw alignment, mouth opening, and more. Strict adherence to all instructions will lead to optimal success.
Using the morning or evening bathroom routine when you’re already standing in front of a mirror (e.g., brushing teeth) is a practical approach for practicing.
Level 3: Autonomous Training
Autonomous training focuses on sensory integration, enhancing your awareness of the trained area. During this phase, you will perform exercises without visual self-monitoring through a mirror. This promotes self-awareness and sensitization of the trained area.
Upon completing this level, you will have finished the building and learning phase. You will now have mastered all exercises and can perform them autonomously, without visual self-monitoring through a mirror, anytime and anywhere. You can incorporate exercises into your daily life, especially those that require no equipment.
Level 4: Personal Coaching
The building phase is completed. In the SnoreFree Master Class, your workout will be balanced and stabilized in the long term. The app takes into account exercise characteristics, anatomical location, difficulty level, and other factors to create your daily individual training plan.
Rate Your Exercise Performance
At the end of each exercise, you will be asked to rate the difficulty of the exercise based on your own subjective experience. Through this feedback, the SnoreFree algorithm can create your personalized daily exercise program. This ensures an optimal mix of challenging and lighter exercises to prevent overwhelm. The goal is for you to perceive the exercises as “easy” in the long term to demonstrate your training progress.
How Long Does the Therapy Take?
Train regularly! For lasting success, we recommend a minimum of five sessions per week.
Help & Support
If you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact our customer service anytime. We are here to assist you!
We respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.
For technical issues with the app, please use the Contact & Support function in the app settings.